Async Http Client 1.1.0 Released
After months of collecting feedback and adding new features, I’m happy to announce the availability of the Async Http Client Library version 1.1.0!
We also promoted the project to it’s own github organization (since I’m now working for Sonatype )
We got a lot of feedback from the community and worked hard to include all the requirements. You can see the library in action in Play Framework, JClouds, Atmosphere, Apache Camel, EhCache, Maven (coming soon), ahc-cl (Clojure) and many more! Get started by looking at our super simple sample.
What’s new with this version:
- Connection pool is unlimited by default
- Basic and Digest Authentication supported out-of-the-box
- Multi Headers support
- Removal of Google Collection and Log4j dependency (significantly reduce the jar)
- Latest Netty version (3.3.2)
- OAuth signature now supported
- Proxy per request now supported
- Performance improved
- JDK Uri/Url now used instead of our own Url class.
For any questions you can use our Google Group, on irc.freenode.net #asynchttpclient or use Twitter to reach me! You can checkout the code on Github, download the jars from Maven Central or use Maven:
<dependency> <groupId>com.ning</groupId> <artifactId>async-http-client</artifactId> <version>1.1.0</version> </dependency>