PrimeFaces 4 released: What’s new with PrimeFaces Push
To name a few:
- Atmosphere’s Protocol now enabled by default. This allow an PrimeFaces application to receive events like: client disconnection, proxy disconnection, network outage, etc. It also make is pretty simple to enable the Atmosphere’s UUIDBroadcasterCache to prevent message’s lost.
- Heart Beat: Atmosphere’s Hear Beat now turned on by default, preventing proxy/firewall to unexpectly close websockets or long polling connection.
- Message Size Interceptor: Atmosphere’s tracking message length enabled by default. Client side callback will always be invoked only when the complete message has been received. This makes application’s logic much more simple.
- Significant Performance improvement of the MetaBroadcaster
- jsr356 supports.
- All the new features that ships with Atmosphere 2.0!
For the next PrimeFaces release (4.1), we are working on a new component model based with injectable Push instance, which will makes it event more easier to write powerful websockets applications! with PrimeFaces.
To install Atmosphere and PrimeFaces, make sure you are using Atmosphere 2.0.2.